Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Is it too late?

Is it too late?
We have a tenancy to believe when a person reaches a certain age they are useless. They are no longer productive. Consequently in their field of expertise they should retire and let a younger person take their place.



Yet in the field of creativity, many have not reached their peak until older age. A good example is Frank McCourt, who passed in 2009. Frank didn’t publish his first book until he was 66 years old. After Angela’s Ashes, he went on to win the Pulitzer, National Book Critics Circle Award, and L.A. Times Book Award. “You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” 
 

Can we imagine a world without Little House on the Prairie Yet Laura Ingalls Wilder was 64 when she put pen to paper. The result was Little House In The Big Woods. Her books are still in print and among some of best sellers in children’s books and been translated into forty languages. “The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.” 
 

Bram Stoker was 50 years old when he wrote Dracula. He went on to write seven more novels before his death at age of 64.

Mary Wesley didn’t publish her first novel until she was in her seventies. By the time of her death at 90 her books sells were in the millions.

“Looking back, I understand that I was teaching myself to write”.

I began my writing career in 1994. In the early days, I wrote a few magazine articles and devotions for a daily devotional.  It was not until 2010 at age 65 I published my first book Live Life to the Fullest.

This year my seventh book is to be published and I will pass my seventieth birthday. Deadly Justice is a thriller in this novel an active serial killer is elected as president of the Untied States. Is this the end? Has my creativity come to an end? I think not. Later this year God willing I will start my eighth. I plan to write until The Lord takes me home.

 



   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home